Anyone with a nice home finds it difficult living without a flower garden, or at least a well-manicured lawn. To sufficiently cater for the garden’s and lawn’s a sprinkler system are a must have tool.
Unfortunately, just like all machines, garden sprinklers are prone to wear and tear, and thus keep breaking from time to time. Fixing Sprinkler systems can be quite easy as well as annoyingly difficult depending on the nature of the problem and the level of your expertise as far as plumbing is concerned. For this reason, we intend to inform you about garden sprinkler and all you should know about simple garden sprinkler system fixing. For rather simple problems, be at ease to learn that no special skills are needed, however, for a complex problem; you definitely need to seek professional help.
How Does Sprinkler Systems Work?
In simple and rather concise manner, all you need to understand about sprinkler system is that they are designed with lots of valves; all intended to serve different purposes. In summary sprinkler systems have controllers, which send signals to the control valves, harbored in the control valve box. This prompts the valve to open, automatically sending water through the underground water line, which in turn causes the sprinkler head to come out and spray water.
Common Sprinkler Problems
Given that sprinklers functions the same way moving parts do, just like moving parts, they are vulnerable to the following failures:
· Sprinkler head breakdown,
· Low water pressure,
· Zone is not working and,
· Damaged conduits, among many others
How to Repair Garden Sprinkler Systems
As a caution, any try and error attempt must never be conceptualized. It is deemed as both reckless and dangerous. However, there are fixes that you can do on your own while there are repair services that must only be done by not only skilled but also experienced plumbers. Under this segment, we will be outlining some simple repair fixes you can comfortably perform on your own. As a reminder, and an emphasis to what was mentioned earlier, these fixes do not require any special skills; it’s a matter of just reading and doing. They include:
1. Before you attempt anything, kindly shut off the water.
2. Carefully remove the cover from the valve box and use a hand towel to clean out the mud from inside part of the now open valve box.
3. Stuff a few dry rags in the box to absorb water.
4. Drain out excess water by simply twisting out the solenoid valve.
5. Using the Phillips screwdriver, to unscrew the bonnet located on the crown of the valve.
6. Remove the Diaphragm Gasket and the spring found under the bonnet.
7. Replace the valve diaphragm in the valve.
8. Set the spring back on to the diaphragm and place the bonnet back on top.
9. Add a steel ring on the top of the bonnet, and tightly screw the nut.
10. If need be, Replace the Solenoid, then secure it using waterproof wire connectors.
11. Pull off your rags from the box and fill it with clean stones.
12. Turn on the water and enjoy its services.
However, it ought to be noted that these are just but basic fixes, for complex garden sprinkler repair long island fixes, seek professional help.…